Apogee-SSU JV has openings in Africa performing services for the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of African Affairs. There is an ongoing need for Professional Service employees to provide advisory and reporting services.
Apogee SSU Joint Venture shall provide advisory and technical support to African countries and organizations, as well as to U.S. Embassy country teams, to include: advisory services to Host Governments, security force units, and security organizations in Sub- Saharan Africa, advisory services to U.S. Embassy country teams, Site Coordinator Services, monitoring and observation of Contractors and grantees at locations to be determined and logistics support services/life-support for all personnel performing under this contract.
*** Disciplines will be specified at the Task Order-level (qualifications will vary per discipline), and may include:
- Logistics support.
- Equipment/vehicle maintenance.
- Professional military education systems/training institutions.
- Military/security forces pay systems.
- Military/security forces human resource systems.
- Human rights/Protection of civilians.
- Security Sector Reform
- Aviation (both operators and maintainers)
- Public Affairs and/or Information Operations
General Qualifications (Each task order can vary)
- Some level of civilian education, preferably a Master’s Degree and/or Military Education Level III (intermediate level).
- Former senior professional experience in a military service or other professional service requiring interaction with partner nation governments and/or military forces.
- Demonstrated prior experience operating in conflict and/or post-conflict areas in either a military or programmatic capacity.
- Africa experience and more specifically Sub-Saharan Africa experience.
- Demonstrated prior experience working directly with militaries and/or other security forces in Africa.
- Must be medically fit to travel to and work in the prevailing climate conditions found in the place of performance.
- French speaker with DLPT 2+/2+/2+. (Often desired)
If you are interested in a very well-compensated and challenging position while making a positive impact in numerous countries across Africa, we encourage you to submit your resume/cv to email@example.com or Hpark@apogsc.com